Instant Connect is a software platform that provides seamless push-to-talk (PTT) connectivity for today’s fast-moving workforces utilizing any mix of mobile, radio, IP, and telephony devices. Our next-gen platform is fully device-independent, letting your workforce communicate any way they want sharing both voice and data.
Instant Connect is part of the Dillon Kane Group (DKG) portfolio of affiliated companies and businesses. DKG is an established, trusted name in enterprise software, technology, and business, located at 222 S. Riverside Plaza, Suite 2800, Chicago, Illinois.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Technical Writer will drive our technical communications and outbound content for customers, partners, and the communities around the different industries we serve. The ideal candidate enjoys the challenge of distilling complex product usage and implementation details into clear documentation that is understandable by customers from diverse backgrounds.
This person will report to the Product Manager, working with the technical and services staff to understand how Instant Connect enables seamless collaboration in a Connected Workforce, finding the ideal way to present this information to our customers and others. The Technical Writer will be responsible for gathering information from subject matter experts and program owners, distilling it into clear and concise communications that can be delivered across available internal and external communication channels.
The ideal candidate is self-motivated and passionate about communications that expand understanding and provide insights. This person is an excellent writer and communicator who is able to reach developers, architects, and technology administrators with information and insights that will help them get the most from their Instant Connect investments. This person is also a skilled project manager who can balance multiple deliverables and deadlines with efficiency and grace.
Example deliverables include:
- Data Sheets
- Architecture Guides
- Release Notes
- API References
- Technical Presentations
- Solution Recipe Books
- Blog Postings
- Bachelor’s Degree in technical writing/communications, or an equivalent relevant work history
- 4-5+ Years’ experience, in technical writing, developer documentation, and product communications.
- Proven experience as a communications expert, using words, graphics, images, etc. (must provide examples)
- Able to clearly explain complex technical issues and solutions for technical and non-technical audiences
- Can understand the business, technical, and organizational challenges that Instant Connect addresses
- Hands-on experience with and understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Write API documentation such as API reference docs and developer guides with emphasis on technically accurate documentation of varying complexity.
- Serve as a support resource to respond to developer queries on API-related customer forums.
- Document user requirements and user cases in order to develop customer-facing process and procedural documentation deliverables.
- Skilled with documentation and web content creation tools, including MS Word, MS PowerPoint, and content management systems
- Working knowledge of the content production lifecycle, with the ability to coordinate all the participants involved in the delivery of documents and content
- Outstanding organizational abilities, with a solid understanding of task and project management. Must be able to manage multiple concurrent projects
- Builds positive working relationships across team boundaries, with an infectious “can do” attitude, and a willingness to adapt based on feedback and an evolving understanding of the problem to be solved
- Solid understanding of the technology industry with emphasis on enterprise software
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, develop relationships, and interact with all levels of management
- Resourcefulness, efficient, problem-solver, and a strong sense of ownership
- Strong Team Player, strong communication
Nice to Have:
- Audio and video production experience
- Graphic design skills
- MadCap Flare
- Multi-lingual (e.g., Spanish, French, German)