Senior Mobile Developer (Android)
STA Group is an established, trusted name in business, technology and digital strategy consulting. STA is a leader in successful end-to-end business and technology transformations, with clients in financial, insurance, and other industries. The services we offer fall among our four major practices:
- Business Architecture
- Technology Architecture, including Application Architecture, Data Architecture, Cloud and Mobility
- Digital Strategy, including SEO and CMS
- Internet of Things Technology
STA Group is part of DKG and is located in Chicago, IL. This role will work out of one of our clients near the DKG Headquarters, 222 S. Riverside Plaza, Suite 2800.
STA Group is looking for a Sr. Mobile Developer (Android) to work with our client in development, design, testing, and documentation of the android mobile technologies in the organization. This person will develop and/or execute implementation according to project plans and priorities. The role requires a combination of hands on coding, providing technical leadership/direction for the other Android developers, and collaborating with the iOS team technical leadership to ensure coordination and consistency between iOS & Android apps.
- Keep abreast of industry developments and new technologies.
- Design and deliver sustainable solutions – keeping an eye towards simplicity, reliability, manageability, scalability, extensibility, performance and re-use.
- Identify standards-based solutions that are appropriate to our environment and drive adoption via mentoring and guiding others who are still developing their skills.
Contribute to Mobile products architecture roadmap, and technology standards for front end development.
- Collaborate with web and service engineering teams to ensure the quality and consistency of the end to end mobile architecture.
- Build prototypes to inform architecture decisions.
- Hands-on coding to deliver components.
- 5+ years Android development
- 2+ years Kotlin
- 2+ years technical lead
- Jetpack – ViewModel, LiveData, Navigation Component, Data Binding
- Dagger/Dependecy Injection
- Agile – Working with Product mgmt for requirements gathering, working with analysts for user story grooming, working with devs for story pointing
- BitBucket or GitHub
- Retail or Financial app experience
- App security, performance, scalability
- Offline mode, data sync
- App deployment and support
Apply for this position at firstname.lastname@example.org.