Instant Connect is a software platform that provides seamless push-to-talk (PTT) connectivity for today’s fast-moving workforces utilizing any mix of mobile, radio, IP, and telephony devices. Our next-gen platform is fully device-independent, letting your workforce communicate any way they want sharing both voice and data.
Instant Connect is part of the Dillon Kane Group (DKG) portfolio of affiliated companies and businesses (dillonkane.com). DKG is an established, trusted name in enterprise software, technology, and business, located at 222 S. Riverside Plaza, Suite 2800, Chicago, Illinois.
We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer to join our high-performing team. This person may be local to Chicago, or work remotely with a collocated Engineering Team. This person will be responsible for the development and dev-ops of a Kubernetes platform.
- Creating and building tools that facilitate simple deployment of Kubernetes and Instant Connect product
- Developing and maintaining scripts and infrastructure for building apps from a variety of languages into Kubernetes-ready Docker containers; packaging containers and configuration into Helm charts
- Designing and developing health and status checks for pods/containers
- Designing and developing tools that help customers operate their clusters (metrics, logs, dashboards, etc.)
- Designing and developing techniques for replicating data between geographically redundant clusters
- Requires learning and understanding the product architecture
- Linux administration knowledge; shell scripting, etc.
- Familiarity with a variety of Cloud Provider nomenclatures, including on-prem, public cloud vendors, and hybrid deployment models
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science
- Proven experience as a Software Developer or Engineer, working on Enterprise Software Platforms
- Hands-on experience with and understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), and Agile Methodology
- Hands-on technical experience:
- Git, Bitbucket, Bitbucket Pipelines
- Kubernetes, KubeSpray, Docker, (LinuxKit and K3s a plus)
- Knowledge of one or more of the following: WireGuard, Tailscale, Flannel, Calico
- Grafana, Kibana, Loki, ElasticSearch, Fluentd, Prometheus
- Nginx, SSL, PKI infrastructure; X.509 certificates, CertManager
- Kubernetes storage classes like Rancher, VMWare, OpenEBS, LonghornSolid understanding of the technology industry with emphasis on enterprise software
- Linux Administration, shell scripting
- Outstanding organizational abilities
- Builds positive working relationships across team boundaries, with an infectious “can do” attitude, and a willingness to adapt based on feedback and an evolving understanding of the problem to be solved
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, develop relationships, and interact with all levels of management
- Resourcefulness, efficient, problem-solver, and a strong sense of ownership
- Strong Team Player, strong communication
Apply for this position at firstname.lastname@example.org.